Teams must have valid insurance of a minimum $2 million inclusive per occurrence for bodily injury, death and damage to property in one of the following forms:
- Commercial General Liability,
- Special Events Liability,
- Homeowners’ Personal Liability, or
- Tenants or Condominium Owners’ Personal Liability
Insurance shall name the City of Ottawa as an additional insured. Coaches' names must be listed on the policy if they are using their organizations insurance. Affordable insurance is available through City of Ottawa Centralized Allocations staff for your convenience. A valid Insurance certificate must be submitted when requesting booking, otherwise insurance will automatically be added.
- Check availability by calling 613-580-2595 or emailing email@example.com.
- Complete the application form.
- Please provide alternative locations as your preferred site may not be available or suitable for your event. Clearly indicate which locations are your second or third choice.
- Please ensure that all fields have been filled out correctly.
- We will review the application form and, if needed, request more information regarding your event. This process varies in length of time.
- We will email you a contract and information on how to pay. Review, sign and return a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. The contract will be valid once we receive payment and a signed copy of the contract.
- On the day of your event, bring a copy of your contract and your receipt.
Hourly arena rental rates 2023
Fees shown do not include HST. Applicable taxes will be added during the payment process.
Fall and winter ice rentals - September to April
- Adult prime time: $323.79
- Minor prime time: $194.09
- Non-prime time: $150.99
- Commercial: $333.27
Off season ice rentals - May 1 to August 31
- Adult/minor: $323.79
- Minor recognized (May and June only): $194.09
- Last minute ice: $194.09
- Commercial: $333.27
Rental rates for concrete when the ice is removed.
- Adult slab $57.23
- Minor slab $35.66
- Commercial slab $66.52
Ice rental definitions
- Minor: 18 years and under.
- Adult: 19 years and older.
- Minor recognized: Sanctioned activities by minor associations in May and June.
- Prime time: Between September 1 and April 30, weekdays from 4 pm to 11 pm; on weekends and statutory holidays from 6 am to 11 pm.
- Non-prime time: Between September 1 and April 30, weekdays from open to 4 pm and 11 pm to close; on weekends and statutory holidays from 11 pm to close.
- Last-minute ice: Discounted ice time booked the same day or up to 15 days before the rental date.
- Training ice rental: Available for two consecutive hours during non-prime time, for a maximum of six skaters per hour.