An All Night Dance Event licence is required for an event that offers live or pre-recorded music between the hours of 3am and 9am. The principal activities of these events include listening and dancing to music. These events are commonly referred to as “raves”.
- $314 per event
- 4 weeks*
*Timelines are approximate and may be longer due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Application form
- the applicant is 18 years of age and is the promoter of the event
- the applicant provides a detailed plan of the event
- the owner of the premises, if not the applicant, authorizes its use for the event
- the premises where the event is to be held is licensed by the City of Ottawa as an Amusement Place
- the premises has been approved by Ottawa Public Health
- the premises and applicant (provide a Criminal Records Check)have been approved by Ottawa Police
- the business has $2 million Commercial General Liability insurance
- the licences are issued per event and are non-transferable
This information is provided for reference only please refer to the Business Licensing By-law for the legal requirements
Who to contact
Business Licensing Centre – 613-580-2424 ext. 12735
Where to apply
Business Licensing Centre, 735 Industrial Ave.