- Collection spotlight
- All Aboard! A history of rail transportation in Ottawa: 1850-2010
- Enduring Bonds Virtual Exhibit
- Witness of Change: Visions from the Andrews-Newton Photographs
- The Billings Family virtual exhibit
- A virtual exhibit: Ottawa becomes the capital
- The Aberdeen Pavilion
- The 1998 Ice Storm - A Terrible Beauty
- Time Traveller App
Tours, presentations and exhibit requests
Book a tour
We would be happy to have you visit the City of Ottawa Archives. Tours are free and we are able to accommodate groups of various sizes. We are always willing to create specialized tours relating to our collections. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Book a City of Ottawa Archives presentation
Our knowledgeable staff are available to present information on various topics such as:
- Preservation of records
- Archives and the Future of Copyright
- Preserving Your History at the City of Ottawa Archives
- Caring for Your Print Photographs
- Caring for Your Digital Photographs
- Introduction to Archives
- Is it Archival?
- Creating a Community Archives
- Researching the History of Property
- And many more
Display and exhibit requests
The City of Ottawa Archives may partner or provide support for exhibits. Each request and partnership is unique; if you are interested in exhibiting please contact us.
The City of Ottawa Archives has several exhibits and events that highlight the City’s history, local culture and heritage.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Events at the Archives
Letters to Santa 2023
Letters to Santa 2023 was a success!
A big thank you to our volunteers and participants who helped make our 12th anniversary event even more special.
This year's event followed a “mail order" model. Parents and grandparents registered for a kit to be mailed to their home. The kits included an activity booklet, papercrafts, letter writing supplies and instructions, stickers, and crayons. Children mailed their special letters to Santa as part of the 'HOH OHO' Canada Post program. Sacks of letters arrived at the North Pole where Santa’s elves helped him write back.
From all of us at the City of Ottawa Archives, we wish you a very happy holiday!