Inclusive Recreation

On this page

About Inclusive Recreation programs

Integrated and specialized recreation programs at City community centres give individuals with disabilities the opportunity to participate in community recreation. Integrated and specialized programs are made possible through the support of partnership funding.

If participation in a program presents any serious risk to health and safety, a support person may also need to attend. A support person means someone who accompanies the participant in order to help with communication, mobility, personal care or medical needs. Participants must provide their own support person. Contact a coordinator in your district for more information on accessibility policies and procedures, and to receive a Release for Support Person form.

Shared Care support

What is Shared Care?

Integration support for children with disabilities to participate in the summer camp of their choice.

New for 2022 – Support will be offered at no cost for 2 weeks at the camp location of your choice. Camp participation criteria will be used to determine eligibility for Shared Care support.

Please be advised that Shared Care is based on a first-come, first-served basis. There will be a limited number of spaces available. Please reach out early to secure your spot and allow enough time for the intake process prior to the start of camp.

How to register for support

  1. Determine the camp you would like to register your child in and identify its district location (East/West/South/Central).
  2. Pick the weeks of participation (maximum 2 weeks)
  3. Registration is a two-step process
    1. Register and pay for the camp using its barcode.
    2. Also, register under the district’s Shared Care barcode for a maximum of two weeks at no additional cost.
  4. Please contact the Inclusive Recreation Coordinator for the districts where you have registered your child in camp. If you are unsure which district the camp you signed up for is located, reach out to any Coordinator and they will redirect as needed.
  5. Forms to be completed are available online or at your recreation facility.

For more information, please contact the Inclusive Recreation Coordinator in your district.

Please note the following:

  • Registration in the camp is complete when you have paid the registration fees.
  • Registration for Shared Care support is a separate step to camp registration. Shared care registration is only complete once you have registered into a Shared Care barcode.
  • There are no camps on July 1 and August 1.
  • Participants must register in advance for camps.
  • Required forms must be submitted on, or before, the first day of camp.
  • Schedules and fees may be subject to change. Fees include Harmonized Sales Tax
  • Instructional programs are advertised in the language in which they are offered.

PA Days

Browse PA day programs.

Specialized recreational programs and activities

Browse the Inclusive Recreation eGuides to find specialized programs and activities. An intake meeting with the Inclusive Recreation Coordinator in your area prior to participation is advised, in order to discuss support needs, program activity and program environment. You will need to complete a program enrolment form prior to the meeting.

Fall 2022


  • August 8, at 9 pm for swimming programs
  • August 10, at 9 pm for all other programs

Browse the eGuides

Summer 2022 programs

Register now!

Browse the eGuides

Contact us

Scheduled payments

For more information or help, please contact the Inclusive Recreation Admin Clerk at 613-580-2424 ext. 29283.

Schedule a telephone meeting with our staff

Please call the Inclusive Recreation coordinator in your district:

  • East District: 613-580-2424 ext. 29300
  • Central District: 613-580-2424 ext. 29292
  • South District: 613-580-2424 ext. 29291
  • West District: 613-580-2424 ext. 41226
  • Health Programs: 613-580-2424 ext. 29320

Methods available for providing feedback

Clients will have the option of providing feedback using the following methods:

  • by phone: 3-1-1
  • in person: the client can go to any RCFS customer service counter and speak to the City of Ottawa employee.
  • in writing: the client may leave a written comment in a Client Comment Box. These boxes are available to the public in all Recreation Facilities.
  • by email:

Comments specific to accessibility issues can be provided by email to