The City of Ottawa would like to remind residents of the following schedule changes and impacts to City services for the Colonel By Day holiday on Monday, August 7.
Client Service Centres
- The City’s 3-1-1 Contact Centre will be open for urgent matters only. Please visit ottawa.ca/311 for more information.
- The Client Service Centres at Ottawa City Hall, Ben Franklin Place, 580 Terry Fox Drive and 255 Centrum Boulevard and the City’s Provincial Offences Court at 100 Constellation Drive will be closed.
- The Business Licensing Centre at 735 Industrial Avenue will be closed.
- The City of Ottawa Spay and Neuter clinic at 26 Concourse Gate will be closed.
Green bin, recycling and garbage collection
- There will be no curbside green bin, recycling, garbage or bulky item collection on Monday, August 7. The pick-up will take place on Tuesday, August 8. In addition, the collection will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
- Residents can sign up to receive collection reminders and service alerts by email or phone call at ottawa.ca/CollectionCalendar.
- Multi-residential garbage containers will be collected on the regular scheduled day. Collections of multi-residential recycling containers, bulky items and green bins will be delayed by one day for the remainder of the week.
- The Trail Waste Facility will be open from 9 am to 5 pm.
- All City parking regulations and restrictions apply.
- OC Transpo will operate on a special Colonel By Day schedule on August 7.
- Bus service will operate on a Saturday schedule, with enhanced service on Routes 25, 63, 74, and 85. Select trips on Routes 61, 63, and 75 will be extended to or from Gatineau in peak periods.
- Updates on O-Train Line 1 and R1 status are available at octranspo.com/alerts.
- Line 2 bus service will operate on a Saturday schedule from 6:30 am to midnight.
- Rural Shopper Route 301 will run.
- Customers are encouraged to use the Travel Planner to plan their trip or to visit the Schedules & Maps section of the OC Transpo website.
- OC Transpo Customer Service (613-560-5000) will be open from 7 am to 9 pm on August 7.
- OC Transpo’s Customer Service Centre located at the Rideau Centre will be open on:
- Friday, August 4 from 9:30 am to 9 pm
- Saturday, August 5 from 10 am to 6 pm
- Sunday, August 6 from 11 am to 6 pm
- Monday, August 7 from 10 am to 6 pm
- OC Transpo Lost and Found at Heartwood House will be closed on Monday, August 7.
- Para Transpo:
- Para Transpo will operate a holiday service. Regular scheduled trips on Monday, August 7 will be automatically cancelled. Customers can book trips for Colonel By Day between Monday, July 31, and Friday, August 4, by using My Para Transpo or calling 613-560-5000.
- The reservations phone line will be open from 7 am to 5 pm.
- The trip information and cancellation phone line will be open from 6 am to 12:30 am.
- Para Transpo customers can also text 57272 (5-PARA) to connect with Customer Service Representatives for information and cancellations.
- The Taxi Coupon line will remain open.
- For more information on Colonel By Day service, visit octranspo.com or call 613-560-5000. You can also connect with OC Transpo through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Recreation and cultural services
- Many indoor and outdoor pools, wading pools and arenas, as well as recreation and community centres will be open and operating on a modified schedule. Please check the facility’s pages on ottawa.ca for closures or schedule changes.
- Some regular public swims may be cancelled on short notice due to a shortage of lifeguards. It is recommended you confirm by checking with the facility before leaving home.
- All art centres, theatres, galleries, archives and museums will be closed on Monday, August 7.
- Mooney’s Bay, Britannia and Petrie Island beaches will open on Monday, August 7 with lifeguard supervision from noon to 7 pm. Splash pads will also be open.
Ottawa Public Health
- Visit the COVID-19 Vaccine page for vaccination clinic hours and availability.
- Visit the ParentingInOttawa web page for vaccination clinic hours and availability.
- The Sexual Health Clinic and satellite clinics will be closed.
- The Site program office and supervised consumption services at 179 Clarence Street will be closed. The Site mobile van will operate from 5 to 11:30 pm.
- The Ottawa Public Health Information Centre and the COVID-19 booking line will be closed.
- Dental clinics will be closed.
- The Parenting-In-Ottawa drop-ins will be closed.
Municipal child care services
- All municipal child care centres will be closed.
- All Ottawa Public Library branches will be closed on Monday, August 7. Virtual services, loans and programs can be accessed on the Ottawa Public Library website.
For more information on City programs and services, visit ottawa.ca, call 3-1-1 (TTY: 613-580-2401) or 613-580-2400 to contact the City using Canada Video Relay Service. You can also connect with us through Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.