CEPGP provides funding to non-profit organizations interested in undertaking small-scale, community-based initiatives that support an environmentally sustainable Ottawa.
Who can apply?
Eligible groups include community associations, community groups, youth groups, school councils/parent associations, and industry and trade associations. Organizations must be based in Ottawa and adhere to not-for-profit principles.
The annual budget for the program is $50,000 and project funding has ranged from $200 to $10,500, with an average grant of roughly $3,200. Projects must be completed within one year of receiving funds.
CEPGP does not fund:
- For-profit groups or other organizations
- Government agencies
- Organizations with political affiliations
- Ongoing operating costs and salaried positions
- Major costs such as buildings, vehicles or large equipment
- Business-development plans
- Deficit financing for organizations in debt
- Projects for audiences outside the City
- Projects that duplicate work already being done by the City or other community organizations such as community food gardens.
Submitting your Application
Applications are not being accepted at this time for the 2019 program. To receive updates please send your request to email@example.com.
Applications are to include:
- Project description
- Project timeline
- Sketch of project site (if applicable)
- Photos of existing site (if applicable)
- Letter of support from the owner of the property (if not owned by applicant)
- Description of Organization
- Project budget (including volunteer labour, in-kind donations and other sources of funding. Applicants must contribute funds or in-kind contributions of at least 33 percent of the project’s value.)
Completed applications and supporting documents can be submitted to the CEPGP Coordinator by email, mail, or in person to:
City of Ottawa
Planning, Infrastructure, and Economic Development Department
110 Laurier Avenue West, 4th Floor (01-15), Ottawa, ON K1P 1J1
Should you have questions regarding your application, please contact
613-580-2424 extension 27914.