On April 24, 2019, Council considered the Councillor’s report titled, “City of Ottawa – Declaration of Climate Emergency,” and approved the establishment of a Council Sponsors Group to provide guidance on the Review and Update of the Air Quality and Climate Change Management Plan (AQCCMP) and the Energy Evolution Final Report.
On June 26, 2019, Council considered the Committee report titled, “Membership of Council Climate Change Sponsors Group,” and approved the following membership for the Council Climate Change Sponsors Group:
- Councillor Scott Moffatt, Chair of the Standing Committee on Environmental Protection, Water and Waste Management (SCEPWWM), as the representative of SCEPWWM;
- Councillor Laura Dudas as the representative of the Planning Committee;
- Councillor Mathieu Fleury as the representative of the Transportation Committee;
- Councillor Jenna Sudds as the representative of the Transit Commission;
- Councillor Theresa Kavanagh as the representative of the Ottawa Board of Health;
- Councillor Shawn Menard, Councillor Liaison for the Environmental Stewardship Advisory Committee.