Home Support Services provide help with light housekeeping to eligible low-income residents who have a medical need and who have little or no supports in the community. Light housekeeping may include: floors, bathrooms, laundry, kitchen and light dusting.
Who can get Home Support Services?
- Your income must be below the “low income cut-off” or you are in receipt of social assistance
- You have a documented medical reason that prevents you from doing homemaking tasks on your own
- You have little or no support to help you with housekeeping tasks. For example, you live alone and have no family close by
Apply for Home Support Services
Call 3-1-1 between 8:45 am and 4 pm
- Select 1 for service in English or 2 for service in French
- Select 4 for Social Services
- TTY Line 1-800-855-0511
Eligibility will be assessed during a telephone interview followed with a home visit by a case worker.
For more information, e-mail CommunitySupports@ottawa.ca.