We require that all clients wear masks while participating in our programs. Only the following programs, activities and individuals are exempt from the mask requirement:
- Swimming: masks may be removed when entering the water but are required in other areas of the building.
- Lifeguarding: when on deck and actively monitoring the pool.
- Sporting associations renting out City facilities: while actively engaged in high-intensity sports training and maintaining the 2-metre distancing requirement.
- Children under the age of 5 years chronologically or developmentally, who refuses to wear a mask and cannot be persuaded to do so by their caregiver.
- Individuals with medical conditions or disabilities rendering them unable to safely wear a mask.
- Individuals who are unable to put on or remove their mask without assistance.
Those who are exempt need to advise staff at the entrance during the screening process and let us know how they meet one of the exceptions listed above. They may be asked to use a face shield if their circumstance allows.
All other City of Ottawa programs not listed above, including sports activities, require clients to wear masks throughout participation with the goal of preventing transmission and reduce the number of COVID-19 cases.