If you don’t have enough money for food and housing, or are in financial need, you can apply for financial and employment assistance through Ontario Works.
Ontario Works offers money to help with living expenses including food and rent, health benefits, stability supports, and employment supports to help you find and keep a job.
The Ontario Works Act and regulations set the social assistance rates. How much money you could receive depends on your family size, housing costs and income. Refer to the Ontario Works rates for basic needs and shelter.
- Access and update your case information
- Rights and responsibilities
- Ontario Works information video
- Status in Canada
- Cultural interpreter or Sign Language interpreter
- Assistance with employment
- Employment Benefits
- Health Benefits
- Other Benefits
- Internal reviews and appeals
- Report Ontario Works fraud