A specific event open air fire permit allows a not-for-profit community organization or a religious institution to conduct campfires for cultural, religious or recreational specific events that are normally not allowed in designated no burn areas of the city.
Apply for a specific event open air fire permit.
- $61.02 (tax included) for a specific event permit.
Specific event permits have a minimum of 15 business days to process the permit application. Payment is due upon permit issuance, not upon application.
Note: Only a community not-for-profit organization or a religious institution may apply for a specific event open air fire permit to conduct campfires for cultural, religious or recreational specific events.
- A completed Specific event open air fire permit application form
- Ensure to include all the individual dates for which you intend to have a fire. Additional dates cannot be added once the permit has been issued.
- The applicant must sign the form prior to submitting.
- A letter of permission from the property owner.
- The letter of permission must be printed on a legitimate letterhead with owner/executive contact information
- Details in the letter must match the information on the application form:
- Date and time of event
- Name of the organization
- Submit the completed application form and letter of permission from the property owner to SpecificEventFire@ottawa.ca
- Once these two documents have been received by administration, a Fire Prevention Officer will be assigned to complete a site inspection.
Note: Please allow a minimum of 15 business days to process your permit application. Payment is due upon permit issuance, not upon application.
After the location has been inspected and the form has been signed by a Fire Prevention Officer, you may proceed with payment.
Your signed application is required to process your payment. Please ensure you bring your signed application with you to the client service centre.
At a Client Service Centre
Payment options: Cash, cheque, debit and credit card payment is accepted at all locations.
Please select a location to book an appointment time:
Masks are required to be worn in enclosed public spaces including at City of Ottawa facilities as mandated by province-wide masking regulations.
If you are mailing in your request please include your completed form along with a cheque, made payable to the City of Ottawa, to the mailing address below:Client Service Centre 110 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa, ON K1P 1J1