Health and Safety training such as first aid has been deemed an essential service under the Reopening Ontario Act (O. Reg. 82/20). This permits the Ottawa Paramedic Service to continue holding first aid and CPR courses during the COVID-19 pandemic. Courses remain available to accommodate the health and safety training requirements for essential workers.
Proof of vaccination required
As of September 22, 2021, you must present proof you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter an indoor recreation facility for most activities, as mandated by provincial regulations(link is external).
Electronic or hard copy of your vaccination receipt(link is external) confirming you are fully vaccinated. Fully vaccinated means you have received two doses of a Health Canada approved vaccine at least 14 days prior.
- Valid identification that shows name and date of birth and has been issued by an institution or public body. Photo identification is not required and the identification does not need to be government-issued.
- Those with a medical exemption from a doctor or nurse practitioner.
All courses comply with the latest restrictions as outlined in Provincial COVID-19 response framework. These changes are set by the Province of Ontario, WSIB and Public Health, to ensure the safety of participants and instructors during training.
This framework includes:
- Requiring all participants to pass a COVID-19 self-assessment prior to admittance to the course
- Enforcing 2-meter physical distancing, except when required
- Providing additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when physical distancing is not possible
- Eye protection
- Personal issue bandages and equipment
- Enhanced cleaning protocols
The Ottawa Paramedic Service will continue to hold private group training for essential workplaces that can provide their own venue. All Provincially mandated COVID-19 restrictions must be followed. Please contact email@example.com (link sends e-mail) to obtain a course request form.
If you were previously registered for a course that was cancelled due to COVID-19, your credit remains on your account which can be used at a later time to register for our training. This credit does not expire and can be used for additional programming. This credit can also be applied to any City of Ottawa Parks and Recreation programming.
All First Aid and CPR certifications expiring on or after March 1, 2020, have been automatically extended until December 31, 2021. This extension applies to all first aid agencies Province wide.
If you have any questions or require additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.