Adopt-a-Park and Adopt-a-Road is a city-wide program that encourages individuals, families, neighbours, community groups, and businesses to take an active role in helping maintain a beautiful city.
Volunteers take on park or roadway cleanup projects to improve safety and promote a healthy natural environment by keeping the City clean, green, and free of litter.
Adopt volunteers make a commitment to cleaning up a park or roadway:
- A minimum of twice a year - once in the spring and once in the fall.
- For a period of two or five years to provide continuity.
Adopt participants are encouraged to perform the following activities:
- Pick up litter/debris
- Sweep sidewalks and pathways
- Pull minor weeds
- Report vandalism on public or private property
To acknowledge these important efforts, a sign presenting the name of the adopting individual or group is displayed on the park or roadway throughout the adoption period.
Before you begin
The Adopt Participant’s Responsibilities
- Volunteer for a minimum of two (2) cleanups per year.
- Participate in the Spring and Fall Cleaning the Capital campaigns.
- Submit bi-annual cleanup reports.
- Follow health and safety guidelines.
- Report hazards or vandalism through Service Ottawa or 3-1-1.
- Request litter pickup if unable to dispose of the collected litter.
The City's Responsibilities
- We will coordinate the necessary approvals.
- We can provide cleanup supplies.
- We can install recognition Adopt signage.
- We will collect bagged litter when notified.
You will receive an email acknowledging the receipt of your application within 15 business days. If you have any questions regarding application form, please contact the Adopt Program Coordinator at email@example.com.
As an environmental steward for the City of Ottawa, we want to hear about your cleanup efforts and accomplishments. Please share the details of your cleanup project by submitting an online cleanup report.
Thank you for your continued support in keeping our City clean and green!