- Registration for Cleaning the Capital is open!
- Fall Cleaning the Capital - Important dates 2023
- Submit your Cleanup Report
- How you can take part
- Pickup sites for cleanup starter kits
- Background information
- Promote your cleanup!
- Important project and safety information
- Frequently asked questions
- Student volunteer hours
Adopt-a-Park and Adopt-a-Road is a city-wide program that encourages individuals, families, neighbours, community groups, and businesses to take an active role in helping maintain a beautiful city.
Volunteers take on park or roadway cleanup projects to improve safety and promote a healthy natural environment by keeping the City clean, green, and free of litter.
Adopt volunteers make a commitment to cleaning up a park or roadway:
- A minimum of twice a year - once in the spring and once in the fall.
- For a period of two or five years to provide continuity.
Adopt participants are encouraged to perform the following activities:
- Pick up litter/debris
- Sweep sidewalks and pathways
- Pull minor weeds
- Report vandalism on public or private property
To acknowledge these important efforts, a sign presenting the name of the adopting individual or group is displayed on the park or roadway throughout the adoption period.