Outdoor special events are governed by the Special Events on Public and Private Property By-law No. 2013-232 and the Special Events on City Streets By-law No. 2001-260.
Event Central will only be accepting applications for special events that comply with current Provincial regulations and local health guidelines.
The permissibility of, and operational requirements for, special events are contingent on Provincial Emergency Orders.
Event Central remains available to liaise with event organizers on modified or smaller special events that do not meet the requirements of the Special Events on Public and Private Property By-law No. 2013-232, but do comply with updated provincial regulations, for coordination with or awareness with the City of Ottawa’s Special Events Advisory Team. This integrated team is comprised of multiple City Departments, including Ottawa Public Health, and will be available to review event proposals, provide guidance, and issue permits or licences to support these activities if required.
For the most up-to-date information and guidance about COVID-19, please review the following resources managed by other stakeholders:
- Ottawa Public Health COVID-19 Guidance for Indoor and Outdoor Special Events - PDF document available for download on the Be Social Wise Guidance for Social Gatherings During COVID-19 webpage.
- Ottawa Public Health’s COVID-19 Vaccine - provides vaccination timeline information and you can sign up for COVID-19 vaccination update e-subscription for regular news on the vaccine roll-out.
- Ontario COVID-19 response framework - lists gathering limits, sector specific information and links to regulations.
- City’s COVID-19 response - provides additional information such Provincial and City Rules identifying types of gatherings, masking, impacted spaces for example.
For events big and small, the City of Ottawa is committed to providing organizers with the tools, structure, environment and processes to thrive.
The Event Central Office:
- Is the first point of contact for event organizers wishing to host an event
- Leads integrated planning in a supportive environment, reconciles the input of all impacted stakeholders, and ensures organizers and City services are coordinated in a manner that contributes to positive events and their safe execution
- Facilitates event review by leveraging the expertise and experience of the Special Events Advisory Team (SEAT)
No matter the size of your event, Event Central is available to assist you in determining what approvals are required for your event.
You can contact Event Central by email or by phone at 613-580-2424 ext. 14613.Event Central
City of Ottawa
101 Centrepointe Dr
Ottawa, ON K2G 5K7