Site and venue bookings

On this page

City Hall (Marion Dewar Plaza and Lisgar Field)

City Hall can provide a central site for festivals and events. Organizers can obtain information about booking Marion Dewar Plaza such as:

  • Eligibility and assessment criteria
  • Fees
  • Terms and conditions
  • Contact information

City of Ottawa museums and historic sites

Popular sites for outdoor events include the Billings Estate National Historic Site and the Cumberland Heritage Village Museum. The Museums and historic sites webpage contains location information and rental contact details.

City of Ottawa parks

City of Ottawa parks are booked through the Centralized Allocations office. The Parks and green space page contains information regarding rentals such as:

  • map of City-owned park locations
  • rental details
  • park rental fees
  • FAQs

Popular parks available for rental include:

  • Andrew Haydon Park
  • Brewer Park
  • Britannia Park
  • Mooney’s Bay Park


Visit the Rent a park page for a full list of fees depending on type of activity and duration of rental.


Request for use of City of Ottawa parks

What’s next

The Centralized Allocations office will be in contact and may request more information about your event. Staff will email a contract and payment information.

Note: If the event will have more than 500 people (including staff, contractors, and volunteers) during peak attendance, you must also apply for a special event permit.


Centralized Allocations

National Capital Commission Lands and Sites

NCC lands include urban parks, parkways, recreational paths, and the Greenbelt. Sites used for events in Ottawa include:

  • Confederation Park
  • LeBreton Flats Park
  • Major’s Hill Park
  • Vincent Massey Park
  • Sir John A. Macdonald Parkway
  • Sir George-Étienne Cartier Parkway
  • Queen Elizabeth Drive
  • Colonel By Drive
  • Other NCC land

For information on NCC event permits and application forms, visit the National Capital Commission website.

Private property

Special events may be held on private property if the property is zoned to allow for such a use. To confirm if a property is zoned appropriately, and any applicable conditions for use, contact a Development Information Officer (DIO) by calling 3-1-1 or