Reminder: The 2022 EWRB reporting deadline is July 1st, 2022
For 2022, prescribed, privately owned buildings that are 100,000 square feet or larger are required to report their energy and water use to the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines (ENDM) by July 1. Requests submitted after June 1 may not be processed before the July 1 deadline.
Building owners between 50,000-100,000 square feet may also choose to report voluntarily before mandated to in 2023.
Energy and water usage can represent some of the largest operating costs in buildings. Ontario’s Energy and Water Reporting and Benchmarking (EWRB) initiative can help building owners to:
- Save money by tracking usage
- Identify energy and water efficiency opportunities
- Compare your performance to similar buildings
You can find more information on who needs to report and how to report on the Province of Ontario's webpage.
There are two options available to building owners to retrieve monthly water usage data from the City of Ottawa:
1) My ServiceOttawa account
- Most large buildings are billed monthly. You can access your monthly billed usage through your My ServiceOttawa account.
- Register for water and sewer billing service, you will need your account number and amount due from your last bill.
- Select view bills and view your consumption history at the bottom of each bill.
2) Request a usage report from the City of Ottawa. An administrative fee will be charged per account for this usage report.
- E-mail EWRB@Ottawa.ca,
- Include the following details:
- Account #
- Property Address.
- Requester’s name.
- Requester’s mailing address.
- Contact information (phone, e-mail).
- Attach written consent from account holder if you are not the account holder.
- EWRB #
- Roll #