The Canterbury Recreation Complex is the ideal place to meet your recreational needs. The facility boasts a 25 metre five lane swimming pool with sauna, an NHL sized ice rink in the Brian Kilrea Arena and the Canterbury Community Centre. Our pool offers a wide selection of aquatic programs including public swims, aquafitness and swimming lessons.
Canterbury Recreation Complex offers a variety of programs for all ages. Through a partnership with the Canterbury Community Association (CCA), children's and adult programs are also available to the Canterbury community. These programs include: an after school program, adult and senior fitness programs, as well as art, dance, martial arts and yoga programs for all ages.
- July 1, closed
Location and contact
The pool is closed from March 14 to July 8 for maintenance.
Holiday hours may be in effect for Canada Day.
You are encouraged to reserve a space for drop-in programs online in advance. In-person walk-in reservations will be accepted when space allows. Please also see Drop-in activities.
- Select the button below to reserve your spot. Available sessions for the next two days will be displayed in green.
- Reserve your space as of 6 pm for up to two days in advance.
- Please arrive on time for your program.
- Instructional based programs: Late arrivals may not be permitted to join after the start of the class.
- For all other drop-in activities: Your spot will be reserved up to 10 minutes after the session has started. If you arrive later than 10 minutes after your scheduled start time, your spot may be given to another individual or your visit may be cut short.
- If you are unable to reserve a spot online, you can make a walk-in reservation on the day of, if there are spaces remaining. To avoid disappointment, we strongly encourage you to reserve your space online.
- Payment can be made on-site. Please note our pin pads do not currently accept "tap".
- You can book a maximum of:
- 2 spaces at a time for sports drop-ins.
The schedules listed in the charts below are subject to change.
Holiday hours and programs may vary. Changes will be reflected through the booking process.
|Table tennis||n/a||5 – 6 pm, 6 – 7 pm, 7 – 8 pm, 8 – 9 pm||n/a||5 – 6 pm, 6 – 7 pm, 7 – 8 pm, 8 – 9 pm||n/a||Noon - 1 pm, 1 - 2 pm, 2 - 3 pm, 3 - 4 pm, 4 - 5 pm||Noon - 1 pm, 1 - 2 pm, 2 - 3 pm, 3 - 4 pm, 4 - 5 pm|
|Basketball - adult||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||n/a||6 - 7 pm, 7 - 8 pm, 8 - 9 pm|
Starting July 9
|Aquafit||n/a||n/a||8 - 9 am||n/a||8 - 9 am||n/a||n/a|
|Lane swim||11:30 am to 1:30 pm, 7:30 - 9:30 pm||8 - 9 am, 11:30 am - 2:30 pm, 8:30 - 9:30 pm||11:30 am to 1:30 pm, 7:30 - 9:30 pm||8 - 9 am, 11:30 am - 2:30 pm, 8:30 - 9:30 pm||11:30 am - 2:30 pm||Noon - 2 pm||11 am - 1 pm|
|Public swim||8 - 9 am, 1:30 - 4:30 pm||2:30 - 4:30 pm, 6:30 - 8:30 pm||2:30 - 4:30 pm||2:30 - 4:30 pm, 6:30 - 8:30 pm||2:30 - 5:30 pm||2 - 4 pm||1 - 4 pm|
For rental availability and information, please call or email the facility.
Amenities and features
- On site parking
- Change rooms