The Canterbury Recreation Complex is the ideal place to meet your recreational needs. The facility boasts a 25 metre five lane swimming pool with sauna, an NHL sized ice rink in the Brian Kilrea Arena and the Canterbury Community Centre. Our pool offers a wide selection of aquatic programs including public swims, aquafitness and swimming lessons.
Canterbury Recreation Complex offers a variety of programs for all ages. Through a partnership with the Canterbury Community Association (CCA), children's and adult programs are also available to the Canterbury community. These programs include: an after school program, adult and senior fitness programs, as well as art, dance, martial arts and yoga programs for all ages.
Please contact the facility by phone or email for information on opening hours and washroom availability.
- On site parking
The move to Shutdown status across the province will temporarily close City-managed recreation and cultural facilities for most indoor activities, limit the capacity at outdoor recreation amenities and suspend in-person City counter services. Shutdown comes into effect on Saturday, April 3 at 12:01 am.
The following recreation and cultural programs will temporarily suspend operations:
- All reserved recreation activities – including indoor skating, swimming (public and lane swims), cardio-weight rooms, sports activities – team play and practices, select cultural programs that operated by reservation only, and indoor fitness classes
- Select the button below to reserve your spot. Available sessions for the next two days will be displayed in green.
- Reserve your space as of 6 pm for up to two days in advance.
- Please show up no more than 15 minutes prior to your reservation.
- Your spot is reserved up to 10 minutes after the start of the session.
- You can reserve one session per day.
- If you are unable to reserve a spot online, you can make a walk-in reservation on the day of, if there are spaces remaining. To avoid disappointment, we strongly encourage you to reserve your space online.
- Payment can be made on-site.
- You can book a maximum of:
- 6 spaces at a time for public swims.
- 2 spaces at a time for cardio and weight sessions, lane swims, older adult activities and sports drop-ins.
- COVID-19 safety measures (including mask rules, fitness rules and arena rules)
- Drop-in fees
- Program descriptions
- Cancel your reservation
- Swim admission standards
Please note: The schedules listed in the charts below are a general overview of the schedules.
Some changes are coming to our drop-in reservation process!
- You will soon be able to view session times in the front desk booking system for a week in advance. This will provide you with the most accurate view of available sessions.
- Sessions will continue to be available for booking 2 days in advance.
- The full schedules in chart format will no longer be posted on ottawa.ca. If you are looking for a full schedule, please feel free to contact the facility of your choice and request a copy be sent to you via email.
We are continuing to make improvements to our booking system to ensure a positive experience for our clients, and can’t wait to share more exciting enhancements with you in the coming months.
For rental availability and information, please call the facility.
For more information:
Community Centre: 613-247-4869
Canterbury Pool: 613-247-4865
Arena Rental: 613-580-2595
To browse registered programs available City-wide, visit our online Recreation Guide PDFs.
To search registered programs available at this facility, please visit JOINOttawa.