Drop-in sport and fitness details
You are encouraged to reserve a space for drop-in programs online in advance. In-person walk-in reservations will be accepted when space allows.
Schedules and reservation links can be found on the facility pages. The schedules found on those pages are subject to change.
- Select the button below to reserve your spot. Available sessions for the next two days will be displayed in green.
- Reserve your space as of 6 pm for up to two days in advance.
- Please arrive on time for your program.
- Instructional based programs: Late arrivals may not be permitted to join after the start of the class.
- For all other drop-in activities: Your spot will be reserved up to 10 minutes after the session has started. If you arrive later than 10 minutes after your scheduled start time, your spot may be given to another individual or your visit may be cut short.
- If you are unable to reserve a spot online, you can make a walk-in reservation on the day of, if there are spaces remaining. To avoid disappointment, we strongly encourage you to reserve your space online.
- Payment can be made on-site. Please note our pin pads do not currently accept "tap".
- You can book a maximum of:
- 6 spaces at a time for public swims.
- 2 spaces at a time for cardio and weight sessions, lane swims, older adult activities, and sports drop-ins.
- 4 spaces at a time for public skating
Drop-in sports, fitness and older adult games descriptions
Weight and cardio rooms
Weight and cardio conditioning rooms have a variety of cardio machines, strength training equipment and free weights. Cardio machines include treadmills, elliptical machines, stair climbers and stationary bicycles that are programmable for an exercise routine. Reservation may be required, please check with your local facility.
(including squash and racquetball)
- 20/20/20: 20 minutes of choreographed cardio, 20 minutes of step, 20 minutes of strength and stretch.
- Barrefit®: Combining ballet barre exercises with strength training, core conditioning and muscular endurance mat work to develop a sculpted physique. Dance experience is not necessary.
- Bootcamp: Intense class builds strength, speed and power through basic cardio training and muscle conditioning. Push to your limit.
- Cardio: A choreographed cardio class set to music with options for all levels of fitness.
- Cardio Blast: Challenge your cardiovascular fitness with combinations of high or controlled impact, step, skipping, martial arts... Anything goes
- Cardio and strength: A combination of cardiovascular activity followed by strength and muscle endurance exercises designed to work different muscle groups with various movements and intensities. Various resistance-based equipment or body weight exercises will be used to improve strength and balance.
- Core Conditioning: This class is designed to strengthen the muscles surrounding the back and abdomen. The core muscles provide a foundation for other muscles to initiate a more stable and efficient movement. Good core stability aids injury prevention and rehabilitation and sport performance.
- Dance: Get fit, let loose and have fun! Classes include cardiovascular exercise choreographed to various music genres. All levels welcome! Styles include Belly dancing, Zumba®, The Party and more!
- Indoor cycling: Focus on endurance, strength, intervals, high intensity, and recovery. Excellent cardiovascular exercise. Resistance is tailored to participants' ability.
- HIIT®: High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) incorporates the use of short, intense bursts of activity with periods of recuperation. This type of workout is known for its high energy expenditure while maintaining muscle mass and helping to improve physical endurance.
- Kickboxing: High energy mixed impact workout combining modified boxing, kicking and martial arts moves. Get rid of your stress!
- LeBarre®: A dance-inspired workout like no other! Combining balance, agility, resistance, and eloquence into a challenging full body workout, LeBarre™ will make sure no muscle goes untouched. No dance experience required.
- Pilates: A series of floor exercises to stimulate circulation and thoroughly tone the body. Promotes good posture and maintains body balance by developing strength, flexibility, and endurance.
- Party: High energy mix of dance music and movements. Bring out your inner dancer with this joyful class designed for all levels of ability
- Party On: designed for 50+. A high-energy mix of dance music and movements. Bring out your inner dancer with this
- Racquetball: Reserve one court (for use by a maximum of 2 people). Bring your own racquet, ball and protective eyewear.
- Sport conditioning: Athletic, sports-based skills and drills incorporating, speed, agility, plyometrics and coordinated movement patterns.
- Step and Strength: Choreographed step class coupled with body weight or resistance-based equipment to improve strength.
- Stretch and Strength: Combine strength training movements with flexibility to improve muscular strength and mobility.
- Squash: Reserve one court (for use by a maximum of 2 people). Bring your own racquet, ball and protective eyewear.
- Strength: Combine strength training movements with flexibility to improve muscular strength, posture, balance and mobility. Various resistance-based equipment or body weight exercises will be used.
- TMC: Total muscle conditioning using your body weight and a variety of equipment such as stability balls, resistance tubes, and hand weights.
- TRX®: TRX training uses your body weight and the TRX suspension system to create dynamic exercises for every muscle. Develop strength, balance, flexibility and core stability simultaneously, all at the intensity you choose.
- Yoga: A class that offers a series of sitting, standing, and reclining poses to help open up the body and improve flexibility and muscle strength. Modifications are proposed to accommodate different levels. Styles and sequences vary based on each instructor.
- Zumba®: This class mixes low-intensity and high-intensity moves for an interval-style, calorie-burning dance fitness party. Once the Latin and World rhythms take over, you'll see why Zumba® is often called exercise in disguise. A total workout, combining all elements of fitness – cardio, muscle conditioning, balance and flexibility, boosted energy and a serious dose of awesome each time you leave class.
- Zumba® Gold: Modified moves and pacing to suit the needs of the active older adult, or those just starting a journey to a fit and healthy life. Zesty Latin music, salsa, merengue, cumbia and reggaeton, with easy-to-follow moves, in an invigorating, party atmosphere.
Bring your own mat (if required), towel and water bottle to the facility.
Children: For children between the ages of 6 to 12
Youth: For youth between the ages of 13 and 18 years
Adult: For adults 18 and older
50+: For adults 50 and older
- Badminton: All players welcome. Recreation level game play. Bring your own racquet
- Table tennis: All players welcome. Recreation level game play. Bring your own paddle
- Basketball: All players welcome. Recreation level game play. Ball provided.
- Floor curling: Introduction to the sport of curling - without ice. Learn the basics and develop skills through game play.
- Kindergym: Play, run, climb, and jump to burn some energy. Children ages 0 to 5 must be supervised by a caregiver while they have free play with a variety of sports equipment and toys in our gymnasium.
- Open gym: All participants welcome. Recreation level game play of a variety of sports.
- Pickleball: All players welcome. Bring your own paddle.
- Pickleball Intermediate: For those with intermediate experience or greater. Bring your own paddle.
- Skateboarding - indoor: Bring your skateboard for practice indoors. Helmets are strongly recommended for all participants; mandatory for participants 10 years and younger.
- Roller-skating: Bring your own quad or inline skates. Helmets are required for skaters 10 years old and younger.
- Soccer: All players welcome. Recreation level game play. Ball will be provided.
- Track walking: Indoor track walking, no reservation required.
- Volleyball: All players welcome. Recreation level game play. Ball provided.
Older adult drop-ins
- Billiards: Sign-up for this strategic game on our billiard-snooker table. Please bring your own cue, balls will be provided.
- Book club: Do you enjoy reading and discussing books with others - then come join our monthly club.
- Carpet bowling: Take the outdoor game, indoors and enjoy this sport.
- Canasta: A popular family favourite card game.
- Contract Bridge: Come and enjoy playing this strategic card game while keeping score.
- Craft club: Our drop-in activity provides you an opportunity to socialize while working on your own craft project. Bring your own supplies.
- Cribbage: Fun and challenging card game for all.
- Discussion group: enjoy a wide variety of topics brought forward by participants, gaining different points of view.
- Dominoes: a great game to enjoy and meet others.
- Duplicate Bridge: Play duplicate-style bridge in a relaxed, non-competitive setting. This event is non-ACBL sanctioned and great for those new to Duplicate Bridge.
- Euchre: Enjoy this fun card game, and meet new friends.
- Fun bridge: meet new friends while enjoying this strategic card game.
- Instructional Bridge (Grant Standards): enjoy learning this strategic card game with our volunteer instructors. Learn as you play!
- Learning / Lecture series: We will offer a variety of topics through presenters, online video or open discussion. Please call the centre you wish to attend for topic details.
- Mah Jong: Enjoy this ancient game a bit like rummy, using tiles of wind, flowers, seasons and dragons, adding to the fun and challenge.
- Meditation: Meditation is a simple practice available to all, which can reduce stress, increase calmness and clarity and promote happiness.
- Movies: Looking to enjoy the latest movies? Sign up today. Please note that our movies are subject to availability and shown in Closed Captioning (CC).
- Scrabble: Enjoy the company of others and exercise your brain with this ever-popular game.
- Short mat bowling: played on a mat made of foam and is 40 to 45 feet long with a width of 6 feet. A wooden block sits in the centre of the mat. Players must avoid their bowl contacting the block on their way down the mat. The 'jack' is the target that sits near the end of the mat. All levels are welcome!
- Shuffleboard: Bring a friend and get into the “shuffle!” this disc type game is lots of fun and easy to learn.
- Sixty-Six: is a trick-taking game is which each trick consists of two cards.
- Teddy bear club: Our drop-in activity provides you an opportunity to socialize while working on your own craft project. Bring your own sewing supplies.
- Walking club: Join our friendly walking group for low-impact exercise. Good for your bones, tones your bones, tones your body and improves your overall fitness. Walking may take place indoors or out.
- 500 Cards: a trick-playing game mixing elements of euchre and bridge.
Sport, fitness and older adult drop-in fees
2022 drop-in fees
- Adult fitness $10
- Senior, youth, student fitness $8.50
- Adult $4.75
- Child, youth, student, household/family (per person) $3
- Senior $4.50
- Per person $2.25
This multi-visit pass gives you access to sports that are available for drop in.
- 10-visit pass for child, youth or student: $28.50
- 10-visit pass for seniors: $40
- 10-visit pass for adults: $42.50