The Canterbury Recreation Complex is the ideal place to meet your recreational needs. The facility boasts a 25 metre five lane swimming pool with sauna, an NHL sized ice rink in the Brian Kilrea Arena and the Canterbury Community Centre. Our pool offers a wide selection of aquatic programs including public swims, aquafitness and swimming lessons.
Canterbury Recreation Complex offers a variety of programs for all ages. Through a partnership with the Canterbury Community Association (CCA), children's and adult programs are also available to the Canterbury community. These programs include: an after school program, adult and senior fitness programs, as well as art, dance, martial arts and yoga programs for all ages.
Location and Contact
Hours of Operation
- Friday, April 19, closed
- Monday, April 22, closed
- April 19 to 22, closed
Community Centre Customer Service
- Monday to Friday, 9 am to 9 pm
- Saturday, 9 am to 5 pm
- Sunday, 9:30 am to 3:45 pm
Pool Customer Service
Please note that these hours are for general inquiries and registration. For the public swim schedule, please click the drop in activities tab below.
- Monday and Wednesday, 7:30 am to 8:30 pm
- Tuesday and Thursday, 8:45 am to 9:30 pm
- Friday, 7:30 am to 4 pm
- Saturday, 8:15 am to 3 pm
- Sunday, 8:30 am to 6:30 pm
Brian Kilrea Arena
- Monday to Friday, 4 pm to 11 pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 8 am to 11 pm
- On site parking
Browse swimming, fitness and all other activity schedules at Canterbury Recreation Complex.
Drop-in fees for Table Tennis and Volleyball are: Child $2.25, Youth/Senior $2.50 and Adult $3.00
- Four multi-purpose rooms for small gatherings or meetings
- Two main halls for larger events such as birthday parties or social functions
- One gymnasium with two basketball nets of adjustable height
For more information:
Community Centre: 613-247-4869
Canterbury Pool: 613-247-4865
Arena Rental: 613-580-2595
Register for Activities
To browse registered programs available City-wide, visit our online Recreation Guide PDFs.
To search registered programs available at this facility, please visit JOINOttawa.