The Canterbury Recreation Complex is the ideal place to meet your recreational needs. The facility boasts a 25 metre five lane swimming pool with sauna, an NHL sized ice rink in the Brian Kilrea Arena and the Canterbury Community Centre. Our pool offers a wide selection of aquatic programs including public swims, aquafitness and swimming lessons.
Canterbury Recreation Complex offers a variety of programs for all ages. Through a partnership with the Canterbury Community Association (CCA), children's and adult programs are also available to the Canterbury community. These programs include: an after school program, adult and senior fitness programs, as well as art, dance, martial arts and yoga programs for all ages.
Location and Contact
Hours of Operation
Community Centre Customer Service
- Monday to Friday, 9 am to 9 pm
- Saturday, 9 am to 5 pm
- Sunday, 9:30 am to 3:45 pm
Pool Customer Service
Please note that these hours are for general inquiries and registration. For the public swim schedule, please click the drop in activities tab below.
- Monday and Wednesday, 7:30 am to 8:30 pm
- Tuesday and Thursday, 8:45 am to 9:30 pm
- Friday, 7:30 am to 4 pm
- Saturday, 8:15 am to 3 pm
- Sunday, 8:30 am to 6:30 pm
Brian Kilrea Arena
- Monday to Friday, 4 pm to 11 pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 8 am to 11 pm
- On site parking
Browse swimming, fitness and all other activity schedules at Canterbury Recreation Complex.
Drop-in fees for Table Tennis and Volleyball are: Child $2.25, Youth/Senior $2.50 and Adult $3.00
- Four multi-purpose rooms for small gatherings or meetings
- Two main halls for larger events such as birthday parties or social functions
- One gymnasium with two basketball nets of adjustable height
For more information:
Community Centre: 613-247-4869
Canterbury Pool: 613-247-4865
Arena Rental: 613-580-2595
Register for Activities
To browse registered programs available City-wide, visit our online Recreation Guide PDFs.
To search registered programs available at this facility, please visit JOINOttawa.