Each year, the City of Ottawa acknowledges the business success of select individuals who were born outside of Canada and who now make Ottawa their home, for their considerable contribution to the Ottawa economy.
These awards highlight the considerable contributions made to the Ottawa community by these men and women, with a particular focus on:
- Hiring, sourcing and purchasing locally
- Exporting goods or services from Ottawa
- Attracting tourists or investment to the city
- Launching new and innovative businesses in Ottawa
- Mentoring other entrepreneurs
- Helping other businesses succeed by providing time, expertise or knowledge
- Getting involved in, or giving back to, their community
The awards are presented annually to celebrate and recognize the success and contributions of our local immigrant entrepreneurs, while inspiring other new Canadians to start their own businesses.