Allan Hubley is married to Wendy (Barber) and they have three children – Christine Leigh, James and Joshua. They also have three grandchildren - Macara, Max and Lilly. Allan was born in Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia. Allan first moved to Kanata in 1978 and has been very active in his community serving in a variety of capacities including:
- Administrator of the Sandra Ball Youth Recognition program
- Chair of the Bill Connelly Charity
- Contributor to the Kanata Christmas Parade and Kanata Sports Club
- Coach and member of the Discipline Committee or Kanata Soccer
- President Glen Cairn Community Association
- Board of Directors the Kanata Council of Community Associations
- And many other community focused efforts.
In 2007, Allan Hubley was recognized for his extensive community service in Kanata South and was chosen the City of Ottawa’s Citizen of the Year.
In 2008, Allan was chosen by the Governor General to receive the Caring Canadian Award at Rideau Hall for his community and volunteer work.
Previously Allan has worked in the federal public service for over twenty years in various senior advisor positions including Manager of US Relations; Manager of Intergovernmental Affairs and most recently in the Emergency Management and National Security Branch of Public Safety Canada.
Since losing their beloved James to suicide in 2011, the Hubleys have become well known advocates raising funds and awareness annually for youth mental health, anti bullying efforts and suicide prevention.