This site uses JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript in your Browser and reload the page to view the full site.

Employment and financial assistance

COVID-19 federal benefits and services

Federal benefits to help Canadians and businesses facing hardship as a result of the global COVID-19 outbreak.

Financial support for individuals who need urgent help

Applications for Ontario Works are completed online or over the phone. To apply:

Applications for emergency assistance are completed online or over the phone. To apply:

Applications for Essential Health and Social Supports (EHSS) program are completed over the phone. To apply:

  • Call 3-1-1, select 1 for English, 4 for Social Services, then 3

Ongoing Ontario Works clients

As of January 31, Employment and Social Service Offices will resume:

  • Limited counter service from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
  • In-person service, by appointment only

Locations include:

  • 370 Catherine Street 
  • 100 Constellation Drive
  • 2020 Walkley Road
  • 2339 Ogilvie Road

For all other services, staff will continue to provide telephone, email or online support from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday.

Call your case worker or call 3-1-1, select 1 for English, 4 for Social Services, then 2 for supports available to update your file.

Visit to get payment information, report income or change your address. For help to register, call 1-888-999-6130 or your case worker.

Social Services Hub activities remain closed to the general public; Employment Ontario virtual workshops and employment coaching are available by virtual appointment only. Visit Help finding a job or Employment Ontario to book an appointment.

Local community supports

  • Call 2-1-1 or go online and search by topic for income support and referrals to local community, social, government and health services.

Ontario Works social assistance

Are you an Ontario works client? Sign up for direct deposit!

A new online service for social assistance recipients.
Fast. Easy. Secure.
Get payment information, view letters and report income or address changes – anytime, anywhere, and on any device.
You can use the MyBenefits service if you have an email address. Register today at
For more information talk to your case worker or call the MyBenefits InfoLine at 1 888 999-6130.

Learn More

Help for people not receiving financial assistance

The Essential Health and Social Supports (EHSS) program helps Ottawa residents who cannot afford to pay for items or services needed to maintain their housing and for health items that are not available through other programs.

Learn More

Help finding a job

Help to prepare for, find and keep a job.

Learn More

Help paying your hydro bill

Ontario Electricity Support Program (OESP)

If you receive money from Ontario Works or the Ontario Disability Support Program or are in a lower-income home, you can save $35 to $75 on your electricity bill every month. If you pay an electricity bill directly, you can receive a monthly credit on your bill. The amount of the credit will depend on how many people live in your house and your combined household income.

You can apply for the OESP online. To learn more:

Help saving for child's education

Did you know you might be able to get up to $2000 from the federal government to help pay for your child’s future education? The money you get will not affect your Ontario Works or ODSP payments. And you do not need to add any of your own money. To see if you qualify and to apply for the Canada Learning Bond, visit

Find a computer

Do you need to use a computer?

View this map for all computers available to the public.

This list gives you the name, the address, the hours of operation and any access criteria.

Sign up for our eNewsletter

Would you like to receive news about our programs and services through your email? If so, sign up for our Employment and Social Services e-newsletter. Each month, you will get an email with information on things like:

  • Finding a job
  • Workshops
  • Job fairs
  • Programs and services
  • And more

All we need is your name (optional) and an email address. Sign up! If you no longer want to receive the newsletter, you can unsubscribe at any time.