If you are already a participant in a community or social service agency program, if you are an individual or family with a low-income or a family member with a disability, you may qualify for the Ottawa Hand in Hand recreation and culture fee support program.
Only residents of the City of Ottawa may apply for the Ottawa Hand in Hand subsidy, on their own behalf or for a dependent wishing to participate in programs or activities offered by the Recreation, Cultural and Facility Services Department (RCFS). For additional information on Ottawa Hand in Hand, the City of Ottawa’s fee assistance program, residents are invited to visit their local recreation or culture facility or any City Client Service Centre.
Please note: applicants will be asked to provide proof of identity, residency and of financial need and should be prepared to provide copies of formal documentation.
Applicants must meet one of the following eligibility requirements:
- Evidence of being in receipt of Ontario Works
- Evidence of being in receipt of a Child Care Subsidy
- Evidence of being in receipt of Essential Health and Social Supports
- Evidence of being in receipt of Ontario Disability Support Pension (ODSP)
- Evidence of being in receipt of Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities (ACSD/MCSS)
- Evidence of being in receipt of a Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS)
- Means test using the Low Income Cut-Off
- T451E Notice of Assessment or,
- Child Tax Benefit Form
- Special circumstances may also be considered (details to be provided in the application form).
Step 1: Complete the online application form, or pick one up at most staffed recreation facilities or at a Client Service Centre.
Step 2: Bring the completed application form to your local recreation or cultural facility. A supervisor will review the application for approval. Applications can only be approved at a recreation or cultural facility.
- Residents of all ages are eligible.
- Residents are encouraged to apply as early as possible before the program registration period.
- Each qualifying individual, or member of a family, is eligible for an annual amount of fee support ($200 per person).
- Applicants are encouraged to pay a minimum of 25 per cent of the program cost.
- A parent or guardian can transfer all, or a portion of their Ottawa Hand in Hand fee support entitlement to a child or children in their household.