The Ren's coupon program applies to all 2020 pet registrations. If registering online, an email providing the coupon link will be sent to the pet owner within 3 business days. Please note that pets cannot be registered at Ren's store locations; registration must be completed through the City of Ottawa.
The City of Ottawa requires that cat and dog owners register their pets. This ensures the City has the necessary information to help reunite you with your pet if it becomes lost. Pet registrations must be renewed on an annual basis.
As of June 20, 2011, all pet registration fees are non-refundable.
You will receive a numbered metal tag which must be worn on your pet’s collar/harness, particularly when outside of your home. By-law & Regulatory Services will no longer be mailing renewal stickers to affix to your pet’s tag. By-law Officers are equipped with computers in the field, replacing the need to verify registration by way of a sticker on the registration tag
You can register your pet or renew your existing registration:
You can now manage your pet registrations and access expanded service options online through My ServiceOttawa, including:
- Create new pet registrations
- Renew existing pet registrations
- Update and change information to existing pet registrations
- Request replacement identification tags
- Pay fees directly through ottawa.ca (MasterCard, VISA, American Express, Interac Online and Visa Debit.)
- Laurier Client Service Centre, 110 Laurier Ave West
- Nepean Client Service Centre, 101 Centrepointe Dr
Effective July 15, 2020, masks are required to be worn in enclosed public spaces at City of Ottawa facilities as per the Temporary Mandatory Mask By-law.