Register your tax account online (My ServiceOttawa account)
My ServiceOttawa is a useful online that allows users to manage their property tax bills online, including the ability to:
- View current and previous bills
- View current balance and payment history
- Pay your bill
- Sign up for paperless billing
- Enrol in the Pre-Authorized Debit plan
- Update your mailing address, and much more!
Change of mailing address
Please send mailing address changes in writing:
- City of Ottawa, Revenue Services
100 Constellation Drive, 4th Floor East
Please quote the property address and roll number on all correspondence.
Failure to receive a tax bill will still result in penalty and interest charges being applied if the bill is not paid by the due date.
Sign up for paperless billing
Ottawa residents can sign up for paperless billing for property taxes. You can register multiple accounts using a single email address and password. This is a secure website where you can manage, view, print, and pay your bills online.
- Receive an email notifying you that your bill is ready for viewing with the amount, due date and link to My ServiceOttawa
- Reduce paper - fewer envelopes, stamps and cheques
- Switch back to paper anytime
It’s easy and free to register for paperless bills
- Sign in to your My ServiceOttawa account.
- If you don’t have an account, create one.
- Once you are signed in, click on Property Tax under the Services Menu– you’ll need your tax roll number and access code from your most recent City of Ottawa tax bill. If you do not have the access code when attempting to add your property tax account to My ServiceOttawa contact the Revenue branch at 613-580-2444.
- Click the “Change Billing Method” button, and then select Paperless. You will no longer receive a paper bill in the mail.
Changing your email for paperless bills
It is your responsibility to update your email address through My ServiceOttawa. Your participation in the program will be cancelled if your email notification is returned as undeliverable. If you would like to change the email address that is currently on file with My ServiceOttawa, please follow these instructions.
[Paper airplane flies through the air]
[Mayor at his desk]
Hi, I’m Jim Watson, Mayor of the City of Ottawa.
Join me and many other residents for paperless City billing.
• You have 24/7 access to your account records
• It reduces the need for paper, envelope, and cheques
• And you can pay online
[Screen: a step by step demonstration signing into account]
Signing up is easy.
First: sign into your ServiceOttawa account.
If you don’t have one, it’s easy to create one.
Second: Answer the security questions that are unique to your account. The information is located on your last bill.
Now you will be notified by email when your bill is ready – with the due date and amount.
Finally – click billing method and select paperless.
[Mayor at his desk]
Less wait time, less filing. It’s that simple.
So let's go paperless.
[City of Ottawa logo]
Descriptive video: Paperless billing
Hi, I’m Jim Watson, Mayor of the City of Ottawa. Join me and many other residents for paperless City billing. You have 24/7 access to your account records. It reduces the need for paper, envelope, and cheques. And you can pay online. Signing up is easy. First: sign into your ServiceOttawa account. If you don’t have one, it’s easy to create one. Second: Answer the security questions that are unique to your account. The information is located on your last bill. Now you will be notified by email when your bill is ready – with the due date and amount. Finally – click billing method and select paperless. Less wait time, less filing. It’s that simple. So let's go paperless.
In Person Services
Please be advised that the Revenue Services Front Counter is appointment-based only, and appointments are available to book on a first come first serve basis. Please have your property tax roll number or water utility customer-account number available upon booking.
Appointments are available at the following times:
- Monday to Friday, 8:30-4:30 pm (September through May)
- Monday to Friday, 8:30 – 4 pm (June through August)
To book, modify or cancel an appointment online, please visit City of Ottawa Revenue Services (frontdesksuite.ca).
There is no cost to book an appointment with Revenue Services, however, please be advised that fees may apply depending on the type of service requested. For more information please visit Water Utility Rates & Fees or Paying your taxes. Please also be advised that our office is only accepting cheque payments at this time.
For more information or for assistance using the online booking tool, please contact Revenue Services at 613-580-2444.