The City of Ottawa offers a variety of payment options for your water utility bill so you can find the method that is most convenient for you.
Pay your water utility bill on My ServiceOttawa.
Log in or register for MyServiceOttawa to:
- View account summary;
- View bill history and payment information;
- Print water utility bills;
- Register for e-billing;
- Choose or change the official language that you wish to receive your bill in;
- Pay your water utility bill online, or set up preauthorized debit;
- Change your mailing address;
- Monitor your water consumption;
- Set alerts to notify you if your property is using more water than usual; and
- Set-up and manage water meter repair appointments.
To register for this service, you will need a copy of your most recent bill.
Pre-authorized debit (PAD) plan
Our pre-authorized debit (PAD) plan is a convenient way to pay your water utility bill. It offers you the convenience of not writing a cheque, spending time and money mailing payment, not worrying about late payments or charges and not experiencing line-ups at your bank or Client Service Centres. The City of Ottawa will process the amount due on the bill on the due date. Your current bill must be paid in full before you can enroll in the plan.
- To enroll log in MyServiceOttawa or
- Print and complete the Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Plan Form , attach a void cheque and email, fax or mail to the address listed on the form.
Update or Cancel Your Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Plan
- Update your banking information or cancel your preauthorized debit (PAD) plan by logging into MyServiceOttawa. Your account information will be updated in 9 days or by the effective date you selected.
- Banking information can be updated and the plan can be cancelled by completing the Request for Change(s) - Pre-authorized Tax/Water and Sewers Accounts Form, however, 30 days’ notice is required prior to your next withdrawal date.
Points to Remember:
Preauthorized debit (PAD plans) will update to the 15-digit customer-account number automatically.
If you move within the City of Ottawa, your pre-authorized debit (PAD) plan is NOT transferable. You must complete a new application form.
There is a fee for all payments not honoured by your financial institution. Customers on the PAD Plan with more than three dishonoured payments in a 12-month period will be removed from the plan. Any balance will become due on the regular due dates and outstanding balances will be charged interest at a rate of 0.0417% per day after the due date, every 15 days thereafter and before each billing.
Online by Payment Card
Residents can pay water utility bills online with MasterCard, VISA, American Express (AMEX), Interac Online, Mastercard Debit and Visa Debit.
- You will need the 15-digit customer-account number that is found in the upper right-hand corner of your water utility bill. Refer to your most recent water utility bill for the amount owed, by registering for a My ServiceOttawa account, e-mail or call Revenue Services at 613-580-2444.
- A service fee is applied by the service provider, Paymentus Corporation.
- A penalty for late payment will be charged interest at a rate of 0.0417% per day after the due date, every 15 days thereafter and before each billing.
Online Payment Instructions
Step 1. Click the link below to make a payment using the Paymentus payment system. You will need your 15-digit customer-account number to complete the payment.
Step 1. Log into My ServiceOttawa and select your account listed under “Water Utility Bill”.
Step 2. Select “Pay bills” from the menu options, this will take you to the Paymentus online payment pages to complete your payment.
Financial institutions - online, by telephone or in person
Most financial institutions offer Internet, telephone or in-person bill payments. To set up a payment, use the 15-digit customer-account number shown on your bill. If this does not work, contact your bank’s help desk. Your financial institution may charge a fee for this service. Please allow at least 3 business days for the City to receive payment from your financial institution.
City of Ottawa Client Service Centre
Payments may be made at all City of Ottawa Client Service Centres (CSC). For locations and hours of operation, visit the Client Service Centres page. Hours of operation vary depending on the location and time of year. Remember to bring your water utility bill with you so that payment will be applied to your new customer-account number.
This service is currently not available in person due to COVID-19 closures.
If you are mailing your payment, please remember:
- Include your water utility bill stub
- Allow sufficient time for the payment to be sent
- Do not fold, staple, stamp or write on payment stub
- Make cheques or money orders payable to City of Ottawa
- Write your customer-account number on the front of cheques or money orders
- Mail payment to City of Ottawa:
PO Box 4648 STN A