Sportsfields and ball diamonds, along with outdoor public courts, are available to book for up to two groups of 10. Groups are not interchangeable and must maintain physical distancing of two metres at all times. Bookings are for training and practice only at this time and will be conditional on groups following established health and safety protocols, including guidelines established by their sport’s governing body, physical distancing guidelines, and providing proof of valid liability insurance. Competitive play and any activity that is likely to result in individuals coming within 2 metres of each other is not be allowed.
- The following individuals are not permitted to participate in the rental:
- Anyone who is sick or has any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, headache
- Anyone who has recently returned from traveling outside of Canada, in the past 14 days
- Anyone who has knowingly been exposed to or been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, in the past 14 day
- The team’s governing body/league has established a health and safety protocol for the use of training facilities and the protocol has been provided and reviewed by Centralized Allocations.
- The maximum number of people/participants permitted on the field/facility at any time is 10.
- A valid $2 Million Liability Insurance Certificate naming the City as an additional insured is required.
- Outdoor team sports may resume, if physically distanced, for training only and with no scrimmages or games.
- Any person who enters or uses the facility/field must maintain a physical distance of at least 2 metres from any other person who is using the field/facility.
- Any activity that is likely to result in individuals coming within 2 metres of others is not permitted.
- Locker rooms, change rooms, showers and clubhouses remain closed and no access will be permitted. If washrooms are required, please contact email@example.com for information regarding portable toilets.
- Attendance must be taken at each date on the contract and for each group accessing the space during the rental period and records must be kept for the purpose of tracing in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak.
- Players are encouraged to bring their own equipment. Equipment being used during the practice must be for single use only, or should be sanitzed between each use.cbe shared between players. Any shared/team owned equipment must be sanitized between each use.
- The City of Ottawa is not responsible for cleaning, sanitizing or disinfecting touch points including benches, nets, bleachers, dugouts, etc. The permit holder must clean, sanitize and disinfect any touches items prior to and after use.
- The permit holder is responsible for advising participants that park amenities are not sanitized and to take appropriate measures to avoid infection from high touch surfaces.
- 12.All individuals must comply with all current OPH recommendations and directives related to COVID-19.
Bookings are made on a first-come, first-served basis. The City does not provide sporting equipment. You are responsible for providing your own equipment and having the field lined.
- Check availability by calling 613-580-2595 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the application form.
- Please provide alternative locations as your preferred site may not be available or suitable for your event. Clearly indicate which locations are your second or third choice.
- Send the completed application form to email@example.com. Please ensure that all fields have been filled out correctly.
- We will review the application form and, if needed, request more information regarding your event. This process varies in length of time.
- We will email you a contract an information on how to pay. Review, sign and return a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. The contract will be valid once we receive payment and a signed copy of the contract.
- On the day of your event, bring a copy of your contract and your receipt.
Please note: You cannot book artificial turf online. Please call 613-580-2595 or email email@example.com.
2021 rental rates
Please note that City Council has approved two fee increases for 2021 registered programs, admissions, memberships and rentals: a 2.5% Cost of Living Allowance fee increase, and a temporary 1.95% fee increase to offset costs incurred due to COVID 19.
Rates are hourly and include HST.
||Rental rate with lighting
||Rental rate with lighting
||Rental rate with lighting
|Neighbourhood level 3A, 3B
|Community level 2A, 2B
|City level 1A, 1B
|Premium: Artificial turf prime time
|Premium: Artificial turf non-prime time
|Premium: Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton Park
|Premium: Terry Fox Main, West and North
|Premium: Terry Fox Track and Field
- Minor: 18 years and under
- Adult: 19 years and older
- Commercial: An activity that intends to generate a profit. This activity may involve selling goods or services or requiring a registration fee.
- Artificial turf prime time: From April 1 to November 15, weekdays between 6 pm and 11 pm; on weekends and statutory holidays, from 8 am to 11 pm
- Artificial turf non-prime time: From April 1 to November 15, weekdays from 8 am to 6 pm
- Neighbourhood level 3A: A neighbourhood field next to a school or other neighbourhood attraction, suitable for use by junior leagues. Amenities consist of a single field that may be of regulation size and may include a parking lot.
- Neighbourhood level 3B: A single field that may be of regulation size and may or may not have goal posts or outfield fencing, but is suitable for entry-level developmental leagues or for informal practices.
- Community level 2A: A field (or group of fields used simultaneously) for adult and competitive league play. Amenities can include lighting, bleachers, parking and a field house.
- Community level 2B: A field of regulation size for junior and adult recreational leagues. Amenities can include parking, a washroom, a field house and bleachers.
- City level 1A: A showpiece field with facilities suitable for international or national level of play. Amenities can include lighting, bleachers, washrooms, a field house and parking.
- City level 1B: A field with support facilities, such as change rooms, used by competitive players for matches and tournaments. Amenities can include washrooms, a field house, lighting, bleachers and parking.
- Premium: A premium sports field with specialized amenities, such as specialized surfaces (artificial turf fields, baseball stadium, a track or enclosed compounds). Amenities can include lighting, bleachers, washrooms, a field house and parking.
Insurance is required and can be obtained from the City of Ottawa. If you already have insurance, please provide us with proof of insurance by fax to 613-580-2683 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must notify the City at least 30 business days prior to your rental date to change or cancel a rental.
The use of gas barbecues is permitted, provided they are installed a minimum of a five meters away from any building. Charcoal barbecues are permitted at designated sites only. Please contact your facility or park rental representative for more information.
Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton Park
Conveniently located in the heart of Ottawa, the Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton Park boasts a semi-professional ball field and 800-space parking lot. The field and parking lot can be rented by sports clubs, community organizations, private or commercial groups and individuals from May 1 to October 15.
- Grass field with Mar-Co clay
- Left field: 325 feet (99 m)
- Centre field: 404 feet (123 m)
- Right field: 325 feet (99 m)
- Alleys: 380 feet (120 m)
- Washrooms available on site