This outdoor sports facility features an extensive outdoor track and field complex featuring an international standard lighted 400-metre polyurethane-surfaced eight-lane running track with multiple throwing and jumping event facilities. The facility also has 3 lighted premium classed sports fields.
During the winter, the facility turns into a cross-country ski centre (Mooney's Bay Ski Centre) featuring five-kilometre of track set lit trails for classic and skate-skiing and includes a ski school for all ages and abilities.
Location and contact
- Mooney's Bay Ski Centre is closed for the season.
- Terry Fox Athletic Facility will open April 17, 2023.
- Adult (19 to 64) $5.25
- Youth (13 to18) $4
- Senior (65+) $4
- Child (6 to 12) $2.75
- Adult $110.25
- Senior $83
- Youth $83
- Adult $164.75
- Senior $123.50
- Youth $123.50
- Adult $47.50
- Seniors $36
- Youth $36
Mooney's Bay Ski Centre
The Mooney's Bay Ski Centre at Terry Fox Athletic Facility has everything for cross-country skiers. You can enjoy 5 km of groomed and well-lit trails.
Ski centre features
- 5 km of groomed trails for both classic and skate (freestyle) skiing techniques
- Lit trails for night skiing
- Free parking
- Indoor change rooms and washrooms
- Ski school
- Ski tuck shop
- Free use of indoor wax benches and waxing irons (subject to availability)
- Free information on equipment, clothing, waxing, trails and related services
- Rentals by Lafleur de la Capital: 613-298-3775
- $3.75 per day
- Adult season pass: $40.50
- Child, youth, and senior season pass: $37.25
The cross-country ski school in Mooney's Bay Park usually offers lessons daily with convenient day and evening options. Lessons are usually one hour long. Available January through March.
- Lessons for children, youth and adults from experienced and qualified instructors
- Classes for all abilities from beginner to advanced.
- Classic or skate skiing lessons.
- Submit a Private Instruction Request Form at Mooney's Bay Ski Centre or by email to TerryFoxAthletic@ottawa.ca.
- One of our instructors will contact you to discuss your goals and availability.
Semi-private or small group lessons
- Special group packages are available.
- All group members must pay at the same time to receive the discounted rate.
- Customized one-on-one lesson: $89.25
- Semi-private lesson with a friend or family members: $69 per person
- Small group (five people maximum): $156.75
For rental availability and information, please call the facility.
Amenities and features
- Adjacent park with play structures
- On site parking
- Floor surfaces