Emergency child care is free of charge, for children 0 to 12 years old of eligible health care workers and other essential frontline workers.
- Esther By Child Care Centre (1550 Caldwell Avenue)
- Centre Éducatif Tournesol (194 McArthur Road)
- Dr. Ernest Couture Child Care Centre (2185 Riverside Drive)
- Andrew Fleck - Overbrook Child Care Centre (557 Queen Mary Street)
- Andrew Fleck – George Street Child Care Centre (185 & 195 George Street)
Home-based emergency child care is provided by Andrew Fleck Children’s Services across the city.
Ottawa Public Health considers the safest option for families is for children to remain at home, if possible. Emergency child care centres are following strict Ottawa Public Health guidelines to ensure a healthy and safe environment for all families, children and employees.
This service is reserved for workers in the Province of Ontario’s list of workers eligible for emergency child care.
Families who meet the criteria for emergency child care must complete an online application. The child care service provider will contact families if a space is available. A signed ‘Consent to Accept Risk and Release of Liability’ form is needed when a placement is accepted.
As space is limited, the City will prioritize child care spaces for frontline health care workers on a first come first served basis.
For questions about emergency child care, email email@example.com or call 613-580-2424 ext. 24100 and leave a message.