“’highway’ includes a common and public highway, street, avenue, parkway, driveway, square, place, bridge, viaduct, or trestle, any part of which is intended for, or used by, the general public for the passage of vehicles and includes the area between the lateral property lines thereof”
- as per BY-LAW NO. 2017 - 301
PERMIT PARKING REGULATIONS – OTTAWA
- For the purposes of this schedule:
- "daytime" means the period of time from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. of the same day, and
- "overnight" means the period from 7 p.m. of one day to 7 a.m. of the next day.
- Permit must be affixed to lower inside of windshield on driver's side to be valid.
- Permit holders may park their vehicles for longer periods than posted during the daytime period on the sides and between the limits of highways that permit daytime public parking and have signs posted bearing the words "Permit Holders Exempted".
- A permit holder may not park their vehicle on the sides and between the limits of highways during the times of day that stopping or parking is prohibited.
- Permit holders may park their vehicle overnight on the sides and between the limits of highways that permit daytime public parking and have signs posted bearing the words "Permit Holder Exempted".
- Permit holders may park their vehicles in the area for which a permit has been issued, as shown on the sketch given with the permit, provided space is available and that all parking regulations are complied with including the general regulations of the said By-law Number 2017-301.
- Permit holders shall not park their vehicles in a parking space controlled by a parking meter during those hours that require payment as set out in instructions contained on the parking meter unless the payment instructions and parking limits are adhered to.
- When temporary "No Parking" signs are placed by the Corporation of the City of Ottawa, permit holders shall remove their vehicles from these highways and the permits are not valid until such time as the temporary signs are removed.
- A permit holder who contravenes any of the provisions of this by-law is subject to a fine and towing away at the owner's expense. In addition, repeated violations will result in the loss of the permit.
- A permit holder may park the vehicle in the designated permit parking zone up to 48 hours without moving the vehicle as long as the signs bearing the words "Permit Holders Exempted" are posted.
- Questions about refunds can be directed to email@example.com (link sends e-mail). This mailbox will be monitored for refund inquiries only.