The City of Ottawa offers a number of options for parking your bike:
- Free parking at all city-owned parking lots and garages
- Red bike racks at various Transitway stations
- Bike racks at City of Ottawa client service centres, community and recreation centres
- Blue Velocity bike racks on the street (April to November)
- Ring-and-post racks at various locations throughout the city
- Bike Corral Program – Bike corrals (currently three) are installed from April to November. These corrals take one car parking space and hold up to 12 bikes.
Want to request a bike rack on a public street?
If you want a bike rack on a street that is within an on-street paid parking area where there are Pay and Display machines for motor vehicles, please send the request for a ring-and-post rack to firstname.lastname@example.org
Advertising-based bicycle parking is offered in partnership with Velocity Media for locations on the public right-of-way in the central area of the City. If you want a bike rack on a street that does not have paid parking, please forward your request for a Blue Velocity Media bike rack to Dean.Johnson@Ottawa.ca
If the request for a bike rack is at a City Facility, please contact the City Facility directly.
You can also request a bike rack by contacting the City of Ottawa at 3-1-1.
Locking your bike
Always try to pick a spot in a busy, public place to lock your bike. Follow these tips to keep your bicycle safe:
- Buy the best lock you can afford
- Lock your bike to something solid
- Lock your frame and your wheels – use two locks (one U-lock and one cable lock) to secure more parts of your bike.
- Remove your quick release items or replace quick release fasteners with bolts for added security
- Disguise or personalize your bike with stickers, paint, etc.