This site uses JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript in your Browser and reload the page to view the full site.

Managing traffic in your neighbourhood

  • To request enforcement of speeding or to report unsafe drivers, please call the Ottawa Police Service at 613-236-1222 extension 7300. 
  • If you have community traffic concerns that you would like the City to investigate place a request by e-mail at or by calling 3-1-1. Be specific in highlighting your traffic issues with the operator and they will forward your request to the appropriate City staff for review.                               
  • Residents' Initial contact with the City's 3-1-1 system will generate a service request number which you can use to track your concern. If applicable, your traffic issue will be assigned to a Traffic Assessment Specialist for review in the City's Road Safety and Traffic Investigations Branch. Based on these results, the Traffic Assessment Specialist will either provide you with options as described below or forward your request to the Area Traffic Management Branch as a viable candidate for further study.

Update to the Area Traffic Management Program

Learn More

What to do about neighbourhood traffic concerns