This site uses JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript in your Browser and reload the page to view the full site.

Moves: open, transfer or cancel service

Change of ownership

If you are moving into or out of a property, it is important for you to notify Revenue Services. This notice is required in order to ensure that your property and contact information is up-to-date with us in order to receive your water utility bill and any further communication in a timely fashion.

Learn More

How to bill tenants directly

The City of Ottawa provides two options to landlords to have tenants responsible for water and sewer costs:

1) Bills will remain in the landlord’s name and be issued to either the rental property or his/her mailing address, in his/her name. The landlord makes arrangements with the tenant for payment of the account and the landlord remains solely responsible for any unpaid amounts.

2) Landlords can make arrangements with the City to have the tenant billed directly.

Learn More

Change of mailing address

Please send mailing address changes in writing through one of the three methods below:

Please quote the property address and water utility account number on all correspondence. 

Failure to receive a water bill will still result in penalty and interest charges being applied if the bill is not paid by the due date.

Water utility certificate

An individual or lawyer may request a Water Utility Certificate if they wish to determine if there are any outstanding charges at the time of closing a real estate transaction.

Learn More