- Education Development Charges
- New Residential and Non Residential Development Charges
- Maps of Ottawa - geoOttawa
- Building Code Act
- Ontario Building Code
- Building Code By-law No. 2014-220
- City of Ottawa Zoning By-law
- Infill Tree Conservation Program
- Distinctive Tree Permit
- Call Before You Dig
- Site Alteration By-law
Permanent Signs on Private Property
You may have to apply for a permit before installing a permanent sign on your property.
The Permanent Signs on Private Property By-law (No. 2016-326) regulates the design, construction, installation, relocation, alteration, and repair of permanent signs located on private property in the City of Ottawa. Temporary signs are governed by a different by-law.
Before you apply for a sign permit, you need to know your property’s zoning, since different sign permissions apply in different zones. Find or confirm your zoning through the “How to find your zoning” section of the Comprehensive Zoning By-law.
Questions? Call 613-580-2424, ext. 41162, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.Learn More