Play Free drop-in activities
Play Free is the City of Ottawa’s lineup of free drop-in activities for children and youth in 2023. The Play Free initiative is to encourage young people to participate and get active.
- Children and teens (17 years of age and under) do not pay during the dates listed below. The dates are different for each category.
- Drop-in schedules vary by facility. Be sure to check the program times at each of the participating locations listed below.
- Register in advance where required! You’ll find this information in the schedules.
- Equipment may be required for some activities as detailed in the descriptions for sports, swimming and skating.
- A free weight and cardio summer membership for youth is also available.
- Sports – From April 15 to June 25
- Swimming – Saturdays, June 3 to December 30 (wave swim only included on June 3)
- Museums – June 24 to September 3
- Skating – Daily from September 16 to December 23
Enjoy free drop-in programs if you’re under 18 years of age! See the schedules and registration requirements at the recreation centres listed below.
From April 15 to June 25 - Drop-in sports for children and/youth vary by location and include basketball, soccer, volleyball, badminton, pickleball, skateboarding, roller skating and Kindergym.
The following recreation centres are currently offering drop-in sports for children and youth:
- Bob MacQuarrie Recreation Complex - Orléans
- François Dupuis Recreation Centre
- Lois Kemp arena
- Overbrook Community Centre
- Pat Clark Community Centre
- South Fallingbrook Community Centre
- St-Laurent Complex
- Canterbury Recreation Complex
- Hintonburg Community Centre
- Lansdowne Park
- Richelieu Vanier Community Centre
- Routhier Community Centre
- Sandy Hill Community Centre
- Greenboro Community Centre
- Hunt Club-Riverside Park Community Centre
- Minto Recreation Complex - Barrhaven
- Nepean Sportsplex
- Walter Baker Sports Centre
Saturdays from June 3 to December 30 – Free drop-ins just in time for summer! Wave swim not included.
June 24 to September 3 – Enjoy free daily entry at either of the museums and free drop-in activities at Billings Estate!
Daily from September 16 to December 23 – A list of participating arenas and recreation centres will follow.