To prevent the spread of COVID-19, the following safety measures are in place at City facilities:
- Physical distancing of 2 metres is required at all times. Room capacities have been reduced to accommodate.
- Additional hand sanitizing stations are available and frequent handwashing is encouraged.
- Masks are required when entering the facility, in common areas, lobbies, washrooms, changerooms and hallways. Masks are not required in workout areas.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols have been implemented.
Terry Fox Athletic Facility is now open for individual and groups for drop in, membership and rentals. There are no longer restrictions related to affiliation with National and Provincial organizations.
Weight and cardio room safety measures
- Clients must reserve a 1.5-hour workout time through the City’s online booking tool, which will be available online in the coming days.
- Cleaning and disinfecting will take place after each 1.5-hour session.
- Some workout stations or cardio equipment will be closed to ensure physical distancing.
- Signage to direct the flow of traffic and encourage physical distancing will be posted.
- Clients will receive an individual bottle of sanitizer to wipe down equipment after each use.
- Clients will need to conduct a health screening and assumption of risk upon arrival at the facility.
- Clients must arrive in their workout attire as change rooms are closed at some locations.
- Showers will also remain closed at this time.
- High touch-point equipment will not be available for use:
- Foam rollers
- Medicine balls
- Stability balls
- Skipping ropes
- Yoga mats/blocks/straps/tune-up balls
- Fans (except for venting out)
- Rowing machines
- Aerodyne bikes