- Personal training helps you on your fitness journey, whether you are a beginner, or have some experience but are looking for an extra push.
- Our trainers create customized workout plans that will motivate and support you throughout your workouts to realize your fitness goals.
- Our highly-trained, certified professionals draw from a variety of exercise disciplines, including TRX, kettlebells, high intensity interval training and yoga.
Types of personal training
Rates are for a one-hour session. Adults 65 years and older get a 10-per-cent discount.
- One-on-one: $62.75
- Semi-private with a friend or family member: $48.25 per person
- Small group of three to four participants: $24.75 per person
Book a personal training session
Pick up in person or print a Personal Training Request Form and drop it off at the facility where you would like to be trained. One of our trainers will contact you to discuss your goals and availability. For semi-private or small group personal training, all group members must pay at the same time to receive the discounted rate.
- Each session purchased will expire 365 days after the date of purchase.
- All sessions must be paid in full prior to the start time of your training session.
- Cancellations must be made 12 hours in advance of the scheduled session. Not cancelling in time may result in the loss of the session (no credit or refund).
- Arrive wearing flexible, breathable, athletic attire and indoor athletic footwear. Bring a non-glass water bottle and hand towel.
- Stow all personal items, including clothing, outwear and gym bags, in a locker.
Personal training is offered at the following locations.
All training sessions will be at the facility where they were purchased.
Frequently asked questions about personal training
How many sessions do I need to book?
This depends on your goals. If you are looking for an introductory program to get started or learn about the equipment, often one or two sessions are all that is needed. However, if your goal requires regular program updates or you require ongoing support and motivation, then booking multiple sessions and speaking to your personal trainer about the number of sessions a week, is advised.
What if I buy multiple sessions but am not comfortable with the trainer?
Not a problem. You are not obligated to stick with one trainer. We understand that personal training requires a level of trust and rapport. If you do not feel that your current trainer meets your needs, you can contact the facility to speak with a Program Coordinator who will help you find the best fit.
What will my personal trainer want to know about me?
They will ask you about your fitness goals. They will also want to discuss how often you can commit to training, and if there are types of exercises or activities you prefer over others. You will discuss realistic goal setting and expectations. This is to ensure that your goals are measurable over the course of the training program. Our trainers are dedicated to your success, and want to make sure it is done through a healthy and safe approach.
What should I expect out of my very first session?
Typically, the first session is an introductory session. You and your trainer will discuss your program, modify it if necessary, and you’ll be introduced to various exercises prescribed in the program. The intensity level in the first session is usually lower than subsequent sessions as well, because the trainer will need to verify your level of fitness, your technique and receive your feedback.
What do I do if the other members of my small group or my partner for the semi-private, is not available to purchase the visits with me? Will I still receive the reduced rate?
Yes. Although it is easier to approve discounted rates when all members arrive together, there is another option to qualify for these discounted rates. Please contact your facility and speak with a customer service representative.
What do I do if the other members of my small group or my partner for the semi-private, is not available for the personal training session?
You and your members can decide to either cancel the visit (with 12 hours’ notice) or you can attend the visit without the other member(s).