Swing the night away
Big Band Dances
Enjoy the sounds of Ottawa’s best big bands at the Ron Kolbus Lakeside Centre, in Britannia Park. No dance experience necessary; singles and couples welcome! Dress is casual, but if you are celebrating a special event, black tie is optional! We have lots of room for dancing plus we are wheel chair accessible.
Doors open at 6:30 pm with the band playing from 7 to 10:30 pm.
Reasonably priced alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages by the Newport Restaurant, cash only please. Keep up your energy for dancing with a light buffet of sandwiches, fruit platters, dessert squares, tea and coffee halfway through the evening.
- February 8 - Love is in the Air featuring, The Starlighters (Barcode: 1127904)
- June 14 - Summer Breeze featuring, The Pharaohs (Barcode 1158430)
- July 12 - Red and White Ball featuring, The Starlighters (Barcode 1158435)
- December 6 - Winter Ball featuring, The Pharaohs (Barcode TBA)
- $20.50 per person in advance
- $24.50 per person at the door
Want to learn or brush up on your ballroom dancing skills or purchase tickets online? Recreation Guide.
Baja Burger Shack, Newport Restaurant, The Musicians' Association of Ottawa-Gatineau, The Lakeside Players, Ottawa Valley Tours, and Fifty Five Plus Magazine.