Inclusive recreation

On this page

Registration dates

Spring activities 

Summer camps and activities 

  • March 21: Browse summer camps and activities in Register Ottawa.
  • April 3 at 9 pm:  Registration for summer aquatics begins.
  • April 4 at 9 pm: Registration for summer camps, and recreation, arts and virtual activities.

About Inclusive Recreation programs

Integrated and specialized recreation programs at City community centres give individuals with disabilities the opportunity to participate in community recreation. Integrated and specialized programs are made possible through the support of partnership funding.

If participation in a program presents any serious risk to health and safety, a support person may also need to attend. A support person means someone who accompanies the participant in order to help with communication, mobility, personal care or medical needs. Participants must provide their own support person. Contact a coordinator in your district for more information on accessibility policies and procedures, and to receive a Release for Support Person form.

Shared Care support

What is Shared Care?

Shared Care is a one-to-one integration support program for children with disabilities that helps them successfully participate in the camps and PA days of their choice.

  • Shared Care is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
  • A maximum of two weeks can be provided for summer camps.
  • Please register early to secure your spot. 
  • Participants must register in advance of the start of the camp or PA day. 

Intake assessment

The Inclusive Recreation coordinators can help with any questions you have about Shared Care. Making us aware early in the registration process will help our coordinators best support your child. Let us know of any diagnosed or undiagnosed cognitive differences or behaviours your child may have. If your child has integration support at school, they will likely need it at City of Ottawa camps and PA days. If you are at all uncertain, please reach out.

How to register

Registration for Shared Care support is a separate step that follows registration in City of Ottawa camps or PA Day registration. Register your child for Shared Care right after you have enrolled your child for City of Ottawa programs.

Shared Care registration is complete once you have registered using a Shared Care activity code in Register Ottawa, the City’s program registration site.

Registration is a two-step process.

1. Register for camps or PA days:
  1. Browse and register your child in a camp or PA day.
  2. If registering for summer camp, pick which two weeks you would like us to provide support.
  3. Registration in the camp or PA day is complete when you have paid the registration fees. 
  4. Note the program’s district: east/west/south/central. 
2. Register for Shared Care:

After you have registered into a camp or PA day, you can then register for Shared Care, online

  1. You will register by using the district’s Shared Care activity code which is provided during the registration process.
    1. If you are unsure in which district the registered camp or PA day is located, reach out to the Inclusive Recreation general email and they will help you.
  2. Contact the Inclusive Recreation Coordinator for the district in which you’ve registered for Shared Care: east/west/south/central.

Summer camp locations for Inclusive Recreation





Contact us

Scheduled payments

For more information or help, please contact the Inclusive Recreation Admin Clerk at 613-580-2424 ext. 29283.

Schedule a telephone meeting with our staff

Please call the Inclusive Recreation coordinator in your district:

  • East District: 613-580-2424 ext. 29300
  • Central District: 613-580-2424 ext. 29292
  • South District: 613-580-2424 ext. 29291
  • West District: 613-580-2424 ext. 41226
  • Health Programs: 613-580-2424 ext. 29320

Methods available for providing feedback

Clients will have the option of providing feedback using the following methods:

  • by phone: 3-1-1
  • in person: the client can go to any RCFS customer service counter and speak to the City of Ottawa employee.
  • in writing: the client may leave a written comment in a Client Comment Box. These boxes are available to the public in all Recreation Facilities.
  • by email:

Comments specific to accessibility issues can be provided by email to