Integrated recreation programs are offered throughout various community centres giving children, youth and adults with special needs the opportunity to participate in community recreation.
Shared Care Support
Shared Care Integration offers a higher level of support to enable children with a special need to participate in a recreational activity or program.
Shared Care descriptions
Integration support for children with special needs to participate in the summer camp of their choice.
Support will be offered for 2 weeks at the camp location of your choice. New for 2018 – Camp participation criteria will be used to determine eligibility.
Please be advised that Shared Care is based on a first-come, first-served basis. There will be a limited number of spaces available. No last-minute or first-day of camp support services will be offered.
How to register
- Browse the Summer Camps eGuide to find the camp you would like to register your child in
- Check the camps location listing to identify the district location the camp is offered in (East/West/South/Central)
- Choose the weeks you would like them to attend (maximum 2 weeks)
- Registration is a two-step process:
- Register and pay for the 2 weeks of your chosen camp using the correct barcode
- You will also register under your district’s shared care barcode (No cost)
- Contact the Inclusive Recreation Coordinator for the district where you have registered your child in camp
Shared Care support will be offered at no additional cost to the families. For more information, please contact the Inclusive Recreation Coordinator in your district.
Please note the following:
- Registration is complete when you have paid the registration fees.
- There will be no camps on July 1 and August 5.
- Participants must register in advance for camp programs.
- Required forms are to be submitted on, or before, the first day of camp.
- Schedules and fees may be subject to change. Fees include HST.
- Instructional programs are advertised in the language in which they are offered.
Forms to complete:
- Program Enrolment Form
- Medication Administration Request Form - Part 1 for summer camps
- Medication Authorization - Part 2 for summer camps
Forms are also available for pick up at your recreation facility.
Specialized recreational programs and activities
In order to best meet your needs and to discuss meaningful recreational opportunities, please contact the Inclusive Recreation Coordinator in your area. An intake meeting is advised to discuss support needs, program activity and program environment prior to participation.
Please note: You will be required to complete a participant enrolment form [ PDF - 698 KB ] prior to the meeting.